Serves 6-8, stage 3 weaning portions
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g stewing steak, diced and fat trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of rapeseed oil
- 30g flour
- 2 tins of chopped tomato
- 150ml of low salt vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the oil to a large saucepan and heat before adding in the beef and onions and cook until the meat has browned.
- Add the flour, and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the stock, tinned tomato, carrots and celery.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Puree or mash the mixture to the desired consistency for your little one.
- Left overs can be frozen in small lidded freezer pots for up to 3 months, just make sure to write the date on the item you are freezing.