Serves 3, stage 3 weaning portions.
- 1 of rapeseed oil
- 150g salmon
- 150g hake or cod fillets
- 400ml of baby’s usual milk
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 30g frozen peas
- 25g plain flour
- 25g butter/margarine
- 25g mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g fresh brown breadcrumbs
- 3 medium potatoes, washed, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Cover in tinfoil and bake the salmon fillet and cod fillets for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring them to the boil and simmer until tender. Once cooked, remove from the heat, drain and mash together with 50ml of the milk and a knob butter.
- As the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil and the rest of the butter in a saucepan and add the onion and leek.
- Stir in the flour and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add 350mls of the milk, continuously stirring, until you have a smooth sauce and bring it to the boil.
- On a separate plate, flake the fish, removing skin and any bones.
- Stir the fish and peas through the sauce and pour the mixture into a small oven proof dish.
- Top with a thin layer of the mashed potato. Sprinkle with the cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden allow to cool and serve.
- Left overs can be frozen in small lidded freezer pots for up to 3 months, just make sure to write the date on the item you are freezing.