Serves 3, stage 3 weaning portions
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 50g of red lentils
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the chopped onion and celery to the pan.
- Cover with a lid and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the red lentils and sweet potato.
- Lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender then drain.
- Add the two mixtures together and mash to the desired consistency for your little one.
- Leftovers can be frozen in small lidded freezer pots for up to 3 months, just make sure to write the date on the item you are freezing.