Serves 3, stage 2 weaning portions
- 150g lean lamb mince
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 leek (White part only, washed and chopped)
- 1 potato, washed, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 30g of frozen peas
- 50ml of baby’s usual milk
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add in the onion and lamb. Stir and cook the lamb until browned.
- In a saucepan, add the potato and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil, add the leak and then reduce the heat slightly before leaving it to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes until the potato is soft.
- Remove from the heat, drain and then mash with the milk.
- Stir the lamb into the potato and vegetable mixture and mash or puree until you have reached your desired consistency. Adding more of your baby’s usual milk if a runnier texture is required.
- Leftovers can be frozen in a covered container for up to 3 months, just make sure to write the date on the item you are freezing.