Serves 3-4, stage 2 weaning portions
- 1 salmon fillet
- 200g potato, washed and peeled
- 100g carrots, washed and peeled
- 100g parsnips, washed and peeled
- 2 tbsp. of your baby’s normal milk
- Small knob of butter
- Bring water to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Add the salmon fillet and poach for 20 minutes until fully cooked and tender.
- Peel and chop the carrot, parsnip and potato into small pieces.
- Add the potato, carrot and parsnip into boiling water and cook for around 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potato, carrot and parsnip before adding in the butter and milk and then mash.
- On a plate, flake the salmon using a fork, making sure to remove any skin and bones.
- Stir the salmon through the vegetable and potato mixture and mash or puree the mixture until you have reached your desired consistency, adding some of the cooking water from poaching the salmon if a runnier consistency is required.
- Leftovers can be frozen in a covered container for up to 3 months, just make sure to write the date on the item you are freezing.