Cow & Gate Hungry first infant milk is a nutritionally complete* breastmilk substitute formulated. It is suitable as a sole source of nutrition from birth when it's too early to introduce solids, or as part of a weaning diet from 6 months to 12 months.
- Contains DHA (Omega-3)*
*As required by the legislation for all infant formula.
No preparation is required with our ready-to-use infant milk for hungrier babies.
Water, Skimmed milk, Lactose (from milk), Vegetable oils (Palm oil, Coconut oil, Rapeseed oil, High oleic sunflower oil, Sunflower oil, Maize oil), Galacto‐oligosaccharides (GOS) (from milk), Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), Fish oil, Emulsifiers (Mono- & diglycerides of fatty acids, Soy lecithin), Acidity regulator (Citric acid), Oil from Mortierella Alpina, Calcium hydroxide, Choline chloride, L-Cysteine, Vitamin C, Potassium hydrogen phosphate, Sodium chloride, Potassium citrate, Calcium phosphate, Inositol, Taurine, Potassium hydroxide, Magnesium carbonate, L-Tryptophan, Iron lactate, Potassium chloride, L-Carnitine, Zinc sulphate, Uridine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Cytidine 5'-monophosphate, Vitamin E, Pantothenic acid, Adenosine 5'-monophosphate, Inosine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Niacin, Copper gluconate, Guanosine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folic acid, Antioxidant (Ascorbyl palmitate), Potassium iodide, Sodium selenite, Manganese sulphate, Vitamin K1, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Vitamin B12.
Allergy advice: for allergens see ingredients in bold.
Preparation & storage
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Shake the bottle/carton of Cow & Gate infant milk before opening. Using the feeding guide, pour the required amount of infant milk into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Cow & Gate first milk can be given at room temperature, or warmed if desired. If warmed, check temperature of feed.
- For hygiene reasons, discard unfinished milk in the feeding bottle as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours.
- Do not heat in a microwave. Hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Infants should be supervised at all times when feeding.
- Discard unfinished milk in the feeding bottle as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours.
- Once opened, any unused milk in this 200ml bottle can be stored by replacing the cap, storing upright in a refrigerator immediately and used within 24 hours.
Other products in this range
Breastfeeding is best for babies. First infant milk should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian, pharmacist, or other professional responsible for maternal and child care.
Our highest quality standards
At Cow & Gate we test our range to high standards so you can be sure you are making the right choice when you choose our baby and toddler milks or foods.
Any more questions?
Our specialist baby advisors and experienced mums are here to talk and ready to help whenever you need them. You can call or live chat us 8.30am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.