This recipe makes 6 burgers and one burger (184g) contains 4.6mg of omega 3.
- 900g baked salmon fillets (skin removed)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop baked salmon fillets into small pieces.
- Combine the salmon with scallions, dill, mustard, lemon juice, mayonnaise, egg, and breadcrumbs. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Using your hands, form 6 equal sized burgers.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook salmon burgers for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Toast the buns in the pan or grill on each side. Place burger on bottom of bun. Then top with your favourite healthy toppings e.g. lettuce, tomato
Serving suggestion: Whole-wheat bun, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, whatever you fancy!