- 1 fresh salmon fillet
- 2 potatoes, washed, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. of rapeseed oil
- Pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Cover in tinfoil and bake the salmon fillet in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, boil the potatoes in a saucepan of water for around 15 minutes or until soft. Once cooked, drain the water and mash.
- Once the salmon fillet is cooked, remove it from the oven and use a fork to flake it removing the skin and any bones.
- Add the parsley, lemon juice, half of the breadcrumbs and the salmon into the mashed potato.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into 4 small fish cakes, coating them in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large frying pan and cook the patties for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden.
- Allow to cool and chop the fish cakes for your little one before serving.
- Leftovers can be frozen in a lidded container for up to 3 months, just make sure to write the date on the item you are freezing.