It may be messy, but your toddler is starting to take pride in what he does. Encouraging your toddler during feeding and playtime will help boost their self-confidence.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 200g minced beef
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 180-240g mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- Serve with Spaghetti
Please note: Remember not to add salt to any of your toddler’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Chop onions and mushrooms.
- Heat oil and fry onions with herbs until tender.
- Add minced beef and stir until the meat has turned a light brown in colour i.e. sealed.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and chopped mushrooms.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed, then cover and simmer on a low heat for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Chop the meal into little chunks to serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your toddler.