This delicious frittata would be great for breakfast, brunch or any time. It makes 6 slices and each slice (185g) contains 6.6µg of Vitamin D which makes it a perfect pregnancy recipe!
- 8 eggs
- 300g of fresh salmon
- 4-6 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and chopped into cubes or slices
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, coriander, garlic and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the salmon skin side down and cook 3 minutes or until skin is crisp and golden. Carefully turn salmon over and cook 1 minute on the other side. Remove from the pan. Cut or gently break into large cubes and set aside.
- Add the sweet potatoes and pepper to the pan and cook, stirring, until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add the salmon and egg mixture to the pan and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until the frittata is set on top.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and serve with a side salad.