Growing your own tiny human is not all fun and games. Pregnancy is amazing, but the morning sickness that comes with it, not so much!
There’s no question morning sickness is unpleasant and what’s worse scientists aren’t entirely sure why it happens. There are a number of reasons for morning sickness including; a change in hormones and a heightened sense of smell. Others have suggested that morning sickness is Mother Nature’s way of protecting your little one by creating a response to avoid high risk foods during pregnancy.
Luckily there are some handy tips to prevent or ease morning sickness (fingers crossed they work for you!)
- Avoid eating large meals, instead try to eat 5-6 small meals during the day
- Adding ginger to food and drinks may reduce nausea
- Avoid eating very greasy and very spicy foods
- When the nausea hits slowly sip some sparkling water
- Before getting out of bed eat some dry bread, biscuit, cereal or crackers and avoid sudden movements – take it slow
- Drink liquids between your meals instead of with your meals
- Try get out for some fresh air
Remember that what works for one person may not work for another; it’s a process of trial and error! Just keep in mind that the end result will make it all worthwhile.