Cow & Gate First infant milk is a nutritionally complete breastmilk substitute, suitable as the sole source of nutrition from birth and as part of a weaning diet from 6 months to 12 months.
- Contains DHA (Omega-3)*
*As required by the legislation for all infant formula.
Our EaZypack can be opened with one hand and contains a measuring scoop and powder leveller inside.
Lactose (from milk), Vegetable oils (Palm oil, Coconut oil, Rapeseed oil, High oleic sunflower oil, Sunflower oil), Skimmed milk, Demineralised whey (from milk), Galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) (from milk), Whey concentrate (from milk), Whey protein (from milk), Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), Calcium phosphate, Fish oil, Potassium chloride, Oil from Mortierella Alpina, Sodium citrate, Choline chloride, Vitamin C, Magnesium hydrogen phosphate, Emulsifier (Soy lecithin), Inositol, Taurine, Potassium citrate, Magnesium chloride, Iron sulphate, L-Carnitine, Zinc sulphate, Vitamin E, Uridine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Cytidine 5'-monophosphate, Adenosine 5'-monophosphate, Pantothenic acid, Inosine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Niacin, Guanosine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Copper sulphate, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Potassium iodide, Folic acid, Sodium selenite, Manganese sulphate, Vitamin K1, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Vitamin B12.
Allergy advice. For allergens, see ingredients in bold
Typical values per 100ml prepared feed:
- Energy 276kJ
- Energy 66kcal
- Fat 3.4g
- of which, saturates 1.5g
- of which, mono-unsaturates 1.3g
- of which, polyunsaturates 0.6g
- of which, LCPs† 0.038g
- - Arachidonic acid (AA) 0.0017g
- - Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 0.017g
- Carbohydrate 7.4g
- of which, sugars 7.3g
- of which, lactose 7.0g
- of which, polyols 0.007g
- - inositol 0.007g
- Fibre 0.6g
- of which, GOS° 0.48g
- of which, FOS◊ 0.08g
- Protein 1.3g
- of which, whey 0.8g
- of which, casein 0.5g
- Vitamin A 58µg
- Vitamin D3 1.4µg
- Vitamin E 1.2 mg TE
- Vitamin K1 4.4µg
- Vitamin C 9.2mg
- Thiamin (B1) 0.06mg
- Riboflavin (B2) 0.14mg
- Niacin (B3) 0.43mg
- Vitamin B6 0.05mg
- Folate 13µg
- Vitamin B12 0.09µg
- Biotin 1.8µg
- Pantothenic Acid 0.53mg
- Sodium 21.9mg
- Potassium 71mg
- Chloride 52mg
- Calcium 61mg
- Phosphorus 42mg
- Magnesium 5.4mg
- Iron 0.53mg
- Zinc 0.48mg
- Copper 0.052mg
- Manganese 0.003mg
- Flouride ≤0.006mg
- Selenium 3.0µg
- Iodine 13µg
- L-Carnitine 2.1mg
- Choline 22mg
- Taurine 5.3mg
- Non-caloric carbohydrate (GOS°) 0.2g
- Nucleotides 2.3mg
†Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids
Preparation & storage
How to prepare your baby's milk
Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with the built-in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
- Add the correct measure of powder to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake immediately, vertically and vigorously for at least 10 seconds, until the powder is dissolved.
- Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Important feeding and storage advice
- Make up each feed as required.
- For hygiene reasons, do not store made-up feeds, discard unfinished feeds as soon as possible, and always within 2 hours.
- Do not heat feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby’s feed.
- Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
- Store powder in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
- Use powder within 4 weeks of opening.
Other products in this range
Breastfeeding is best for babies. First infant milk should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian, pharmacist, or other professional responsible for maternal and child care.
Our highest quality standards
At Cow & Gate we test our range to high standards so you can be sure you are making the right choice when you choose our baby and toddler milks or foods.
Any more questions?
Our specialist baby advisors and experienced mums are here to talk and ready to help whenever you need them. You can call or live chat us 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday.